Friday, November 14, 2008

MOVE IN DAY!!!

Its 12:56am and officially Friday! Today is MOVE IN DAY for our daughter... Around 4pm today our 5 year old will be moving in forever. I cannot believe this day has finally come! I'm nervous, excited, and so many other things all at once. This time tomorrow our daughter will be fast asleep in her room. I Just cannot believe it. Its been 9 Months, 1 week, 1 day since we started the adoption process (theres irony for you!) and this is by far one of the happiest ones.

Tomorrow at this time I will officially be a Mom. I suppose I already am one, technically, as she has known about the adoption since Monday... but... it will really feel "official", I think, later today when she arrives. So many wonderful and challenging years ahead of us and I couldn't be more ready!

Despite our excitement, I know this is going to be a very hard day for our daughter. Although she will still be able to see the foster family occasionally, all of this is such a big change. She has been excited, but with that excitement comes grief and loss as well - even if it might take a week or so for that to "come to mind".

No comments: